In partnership with the Australian Association of Gerontology (AAG) Student and Early Career Group (SECG), the Emerging Researchers in Ageing (ERA) is pleased to present the annual AAG SECG + ERA webinar:
Date: Wednesday 28 July 2021
Time: 11:30 - 12:30pm AEST (Please check your local time)
Venue: Webinar (Registration required)
Knowing the next steps to take after finishing your PhD can be daunting. Understanding the professional and academic landscapes presents a challenge to many new graduates.
This webinar will offer insight into the different pathways post-PhD that are available to PhD students and how to build connections with academia, industry and government. The three presenters will share their knowledge and experience on how to transition from study to work in the field of ageing.
Attendees of this webinar will:
Gain an understanding of the current job pathways for PhD graduates
Learn from the experience of these speakers in hearing how they navigated entry into work
Explore key strategies for building a career
Hear from the speakers:
- Dr Elissa Burton, Senior Research Fellow, Curtin University
- A/Prof Danijela Gnijidic, NHMRC Dementia Leadership Fellow School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Maria Shialis, Southern Services Reform Group Project Officer, City of Onkaparinga, SA
- Dr Joanne Flavel, AAG SECG Convenor, Research Fellow, Southgate Institute for Health, Society & Equity, Flinders University
- Dr Matthew Carroll, Emerging Researchers in Ageing (ERA), Senior Research Fellow, School of Rural Health, Monash University
ERA Members: FREE with discount code (prior registering please contact Dr Matthew Carroll)
For further information please refer to the AAG website.