1st CEPAR International Conference
Analysing Population Ageing: Multidisciplinary perspectives and innovation
The ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR) was delighted to host its inaugural international conference.
Population ageing is a global phenomenon. While individual nations are at different stages in demographic transition, the trend for almost all is clear. The economic and social impact of demographic change is generating increasing research and policy attention. This conference will bring together leading academics, senior policymakers and practitioners to share new research and industry and policy perspectives on the dynamics of the ageing demographic. Fiscal, labour force, family, health, and financial questions will be discussed.
The conference included an industry forum on Age Friendly Business. Featuring keynote addresses from:
- George Savvides,
- Managing Director of Medibank Private and
- Dr John Beard, Director, Department of Ageing and Life Course, World Health Organization
With a panel including:
- Paul Clitheroe AM Director, ipac Securities,
- Robert Cumming Professor of Epidemiology and Geriatric Medicine, School of Public Health, University of Sydney,
- Heather Ridout AO Chair of AustralianSuper and
- Michael Sherris Professor of Actuarial Studies, Associate Head of School and Director of Research, School of Risk and Actuarial, University of New South Wales